Friday 19 July 2013

Pictish Raiders 2

The Picts are still pouring down from the North: I have finished the second unit for my Pictish Raiders force. You can read more about the project in the first post. These are a small group of skirmishers armed with javelins.

From left to right: Old Glory, BTD, Westwind, BTD

This is a nice mix of miniatures: Black Tree Design, Old Glory and West Wind. The fellow of the right is a very simple conversion. He was originally armed with a sling, but I cut the sling away from his right hand along with the peg for the shield on his left hand. I then drilled out both hands, bent the right arm back a bit, to make the pose better, and finally glued the javelins in place. Nice and simple.
 
Here are some more pictures:




Finally a warm welcome to the new followers: 1/72 Figures collect & paint, Chris Stoesen, fireymonkeyboy, James Brewerton, Paul´s Bods, Thaddeus, thehermit, Wiatrog. Quite the crowd! I hope you will like the blog and find much inspiration here!

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for reading.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful work, these fellows look like they just snuck up out of the bogs. I especially love the way you've done the skin in triads. Really sharp! The basing is excellent as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty! Yes, that's the look I was going for – glad you like them. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice addition to the warband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greate work Jonas !!!

    Gives me unvanted inspiration to paint some darkage minis...not good...FOCUS !!!

    Glad that you have got several new follower, I hope more people find your exelent blog. I will continue to do my best to promote it;)

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael!

      Focus! But not *too* much – some Dark Ages miniatures now and then can't hurt you. ;)

      And a big Thank You! for your many kind promotions of my blog. I think 99% of my followers come here thanks to you ...

      Delete
  4. Good looking Picts. I have a pile of them in 15mm that I need to paint up. I don't think I can do them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris!

      I'm sure your Picts will look great when painted up!

      Delete
  5. Those are very nice additions to your growing warband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great looking Picts I plan to have a pictish army some day (always have and still planning)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James!

      Like I always say: Everyone should have a Pictish army. ;)

      Delete