Friday 15 March 2013

FIW French


As promised, here is a group shot and some detail pictures "in character" of the entire 200 points French FIW force for Muskets&Tomahawks. For more closeups, take a look at the earlier posts.

Huron Indians ready for the dirty work.
Miniatures from North Star.

The log cabin is a prepainted model from Pegasus. Prepainted? Yeah, to make a long story short, I ordered one of the unpainted Pegasus kits along with some other stuff from a certain pretty well-known Internet retailer. The other stuff arrived after a while, though some of it was out of stock and took more than a while to arrive. However, the log cabin was nowhere to be seen. After a long, long, looong wait (and a couple of gentle reminders) they finally sent me this. I couldn't be bothered to send it back so I kept it. I will probably repaint it at some time – those blue windows are pretty hideous – and make a new roof.

Compagnie franches de la marine with an officer lurking in the background.
Miniatures from North Star.

Canadian militia.
Miniatures from Galloping Major.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this bunch. Hopefully they'll perform nicely on the tabletop as well.

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Greate pictures of stunning minis Jonas!!!

    I´m looking forward to our first game, just a few days left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking minis!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look excellent when all lined up. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent stuff and useful idea on the "blank" base on the multiple trays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I'm glad you like them!

      Though I must admit I've stolen the idea with filler bases from my good gaming buddy Dalauppror.

      Delete